And you think, that’s kind of how we’re treating God when he’s given us these gifts of abundant and inexpensive and effective fuel sources. And we don’t thank him for it and we don’t use it. You know, God has buried those treasures there because he loves to see us find them.
Religious extremist nutbag and climate change denier Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association, likening God to your uncle you hid the Easter eggs.
Are these people so stupid that they don’t see the argument they’re making FOR God’s gift of fossil fuel could also be used for the wind and solar power they poo poo?
Fifth grade science book used in Louisiana public schools. And Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal recently told Republicans to stop being the stupid party.
Once you overturn Roe v. Wade and pass your Paul-Ryan-sponsored Personhood Amendment, are you also going to pass laws that prohibit a rapist from having visitation rights to their baby or making custody claims?
– REP. TODD AKIN (R-MO): “It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
– REP. STEVE KING (R-IA): In an interview with Iowa’s KMEG-TV, King denied ever hearing about anyone getting pregnant from statutory rape or incest, saying: “Well I just haven’t heard of that being a circumstance that’s been brought to me in any personal way, and I’d be open to discussion about that subject matter.”
– REP. ROSCOE BARTLETT (R-MD): At a town hall, Bartlettresponded to a question about abortion by reiterating his longstanding opposition to the procedure in every case except for rape, incest, and if the life of the woman is in danger. But when an audience member pressed Bartlett on the rape exception, he suggested that few pregnancies result from rape.
– LINDA MCMAHON: the Connecticut senate hopeful told a local newspaper that Catholic hospitals should not be required to provide emergency contraception to victims of rape. “I mean it’s a separation of church and state in my view, and I think that a religious institution has the right to decide what its policies would be in that, in that case,” she claimed. She later reversed herself.
– TOM SMITH: the Republican challenging Sen. Bob Casey’s (D-PA) seat, suggested that having a child out of wedlock was analogous to rape during an interview with a reporter at a press club this afternoon, claiming that it would have a “similar” effect on a father.
– STATE REP. ROGER RIVARD (R-WI): the state lawmakers, who also won Paul Ryan’s backing, claimed that some girls “rape easy” and sometimes portray a sexual encounter as rape if they become pregnant.
– STATE REP. JIM BUCHY (R-OH): admitted that never thought about why a woman would want an abortion. After an Al Jazeera reporter asked Buchy why he thinks some women may want to have an abortion, he fumbled for an appropriate response before admitting he had never thought about that question before.
Ladies, is this who you think should be in power in the United States Congress?
Seriously, what is the deal with these old, white conservative men and their obsession with rape and abortion?
They’re so nasty, you’ve got to think the only way they can get sex is by forcing themselves on a woman, hence their desire to disregard rape, change the statutory definition of rape, and their general insensitivity to women who are raped.
The Obama administration, through all this appeasement and apologizing, answers to the Quran first and to the Constitution second.